Monday, February 20, 2012

Log Shipping - log shipping transaction log destination directory

I am trying to set up log shipping between two servers. Secondary server is
going to be a stand-by and light reporting server. My question is 'can I
point log shipping transaction log destination directory to network share
folder?'. Database backup file is pretty big and I'd like to store them on
network. Is it possible?
Thanks in advance,
Jay
yes you can. make sure that you give the accounts running sqlserver and
sqlserveragent read/write permission.
Thanks
Yunwen
"Jay Lee" wrote:

> I am trying to set up log shipping between two servers. Secondary server is
> going to be a stand-by and light reporting server. My question is 'can I
> point log shipping transaction log destination directory to network share
> folder?'. Database backup file is pretty big and I'd like to store them on
> network. Is it possible?
> Thanks in advance,
> Jay

1 comment:

Post a Comment