Monday, February 20, 2012

Log Shipping - Resend of Log Files from Primary

I've had a problem with my secondary server where I suspect that a log file
may have been corrupted in-transit and what to re-send again via the
logshipcopy jobs.
I took last nights backup and restored to the secondary and now just want to
"catch-Up" the trans logs to get current.
What is the process to get logshipping to re-send logfiles it has already
sent as part of the maintenance plan jobs?
thks
What process do you use for copying\shipping log? Is it rsynch?
"Tom Frost" wrote:

> I've had a problem with my secondary server where I suspect that a log file
> may have been corrupted in-transit and what to re-send again via the
> logshipcopy jobs.
> I took last nights backup and restored to the secondary and now just want to
> "catch-Up" the trans logs to get current.
> What is the process to get logshipping to re-send logfiles it has already
> sent as part of the maintenance plan jobs?
> thks
|||Built In LogShipping Scripts that come with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
Edition...
"bluefish" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> What process do you use for copying\shipping log? Is it rsynch?
> "Tom Frost" wrote:
|||Hi Tom,
One of the scripts should have the copy logs from source to destination
command. ( We have log shipping scripts that we have customized, so I am not
sure which one off hand) . You can look at them, and rerun one of them in QA.
Code may be looking to see if the backup are already copied, so you will have
to look at that, and change the code in a little bit to get the backup set
you are looking for.
"Tom Frost" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Built In LogShipping Scripts that come with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
> Edition...
> "bluefish" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment