Monday, February 20, 2012

Log Shipping - Resend of Log Files from Primary

I've had a problem with my secondary server where I suspect that a log file
may have been corrupted in-transit and what to re-send again via the
logshipcopy jobs.
I took last nights backup and restored to the secondary and now just want to
"catch-Up" the trans logs to get current.
What is the process to get logshipping to re-send logfiles it has already
sent as part of the maintenance plan jobs?
thksWhat process do you use for copying\shipping log? Is it rsynch?
"Tom Frost" wrote:

> I've had a problem with my secondary server where I suspect that a log fil
e
> may have been corrupted in-transit and what to re-send again via the
> logshipcopy jobs.
> I took last nights backup and restored to the secondary and now just want
to
> "catch-Up" the trans logs to get current.
> What is the process to get logshipping to re-send logfiles it has already
> sent as part of the maintenance plan jobs?
> thks|||Built In LogShipping Scripts that come with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
Edition...
"bluefish" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> What process do you use for copying\shipping log? Is it rsynch?
> "Tom Frost" wrote:
>|||Hi Tom,
One of the scripts should have the copy logs from source to destination
command. ( We have log shipping scripts that we have customized, so I am not
sure which one off hand) . You can look at them, and rerun one of them in QA
.
Code may be looking to see if the backup are already copied, so you will hav
e
to look at that, and change the code in a little bit to get the backup set
you are looking for.
"Tom Frost" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Built In LogShipping Scripts that come with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
> Edition...
> "bluefish" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment