Friday, March 30, 2012

Log Shipping two Databases

Hi,
Is is possible to sepup log shipping for two databases on one server?
I have already setup logshipping for one database and it is working
fine. I need to setup logshipping for the second database that is on the
same primary server. Can I logship it to same secondary server?
Thanks.
Egbon
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.examnotes.net ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!I believe it is possible to setup logshipping for 2 different databases on
the same server.
I suggest you set up replication btw these 2 instead ... that is if the
purpose of the standby server IS NOT for Primary Server loss purpose.
Tunji
"SQL Server" <anonymous@.devdex.com> wrote in message
news:%23T0gbKlFEHA.3540@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Is is possible to sepup log shipping for two databases on one server?
> I have already setup logshipping for one database and it is working
> fine. I need to setup logshipping for the second database that is on the
> same primary server. Can I logship it to same secondary server?
> Thanks.
> Egbon
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.examnotes.net ***
> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!|||Thanks Tunji. I created two maintenance plans; one for each DB and the
logshipping is working fine for the 2 DBs to the same destination
server.
Egbon
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.examnotes.net ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment