Friday, March 30, 2012

Log Shipping via DMZ

Hi MVPs,
I have a situation where I have a DB server that is in a VLAN that is only
accessable from a server in the DMZ, and I have a site operated by a service
provider that will be offering a DR facility. I want to switch on log
shipping, but how can I get the data to the service provider data centre via
the DMZ.
What options do I have?
I'd be very grateful for your help.
Mac
Dude, I'm not an MVP, but I play one at work... anyway, your options here are
extremely limited. If you can't get direct access to the server to ship the
files, then your only choice is to roll your own. You can either write a
process to ship the logs to an ftp and then another process to pull them down
and restore them, or you can create a common share and drop the logs there
and pick them up on the other side. Either way, you're gonna have to do some
coding. And it's a pain. It's best to get them to punch a hole if you can.
"Mac" wrote:

> Hi MVPs,
> I have a situation where I have a DB server that is in a VLAN that is only
> accessable from a server in the DMZ, and I have a site operated by a service
> provider that will be offering a DR facility. I want to switch on log
> shipping, but how can I get the data to the service provider data centre via
> the DMZ.
> What options do I have?
> I'd be very grateful for your help.
> Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment